Program of the Second International Scientific Conference «Russia and the West: Topical Issues of Sociology, Political Science and International Relations in the Era of Globalization»
September 27−29, 2018
Izhevsk, Udmurt State University
Conference organizing committee:
FSBEI of Higher Education «Udmurt State University»; Institute of History and Sociology UdSU;
Ural Branchinstitute of Philosophy and Law of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
Perm Scientific Center of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
Perm State National Research University; National Research Nizhny Novgorod State University named after N. I. Lobachevsky; Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B. N. Yeltsin; Republican Children’s Technopark «Kvantorium» structural subdivision of the UU «RCI and OKO»
September 27 — PLENARY DAY
9:30−10:00 am — Registration. V. А. Zhuravlev Research Library of Udmurt State University. Izhevsk, UdSU, 4B Lomonosova St.
10:00 am — 1:00 pm — Plenary Session (11:20−11:40 — refreshment time)
- Opening address by G. V. Merzlyakova, President of Udmurt State University.
- Plenary reports of invited foreign participants.
- Ridgley Stanley. «The US — Russian Paradox: Russian-American Relations in the Era of Putin and Trump».— Assoc. Clinical Professor of Management, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University. Philadelphia, USA.
- Averre Derek. «Russia and the Syria conflict: regional interests and global legal norms». — PhD in Political Science, Associate Professor, University of Birmingham. Birmingham, Great Britain.
- Granberg Leo. «Pitirim Sorokin between Russia and the West — Russian traces in rural sociology». — Professor emeritus, University of Helsinki, affiliated to Uppsala University. Helsinki, Finnland.
- Csepeli György. «Central Europe: Imagined or real?». — Doctor of Sociology, Honorary Professor, Budapest University. Budapest, Hungary.
1:00−2:00 pm — lunch break
2:00−6:00 pm — continuation of Plenary Session (15:50−16:10 — refreshment time)
- Rudenko Viktor Nikolaevich. «Deliberative democracy in the axiology of human rights protection». — Corr. RAS, Doctor of Law, Professor, Director of IFI UB RAS. Yekaterinburg, Russia.
- Grudzinskiy Aleksandr Olegovich. «Russia in the European Higher Education Area». — Director of the Institute of Economics and Entrepreneurs. Chair of the University Management and Innovations in Education Department, Doctor of Sociology, Professor, National Research Nizhny Novgorod State University named after N. I. Lobachevsky. Nizhny Novgorod, Russian Federation.
- Martyanov Victor Sergeevich. «Transformation of social stratification of modern society and its political consequences». — PhD, Associate professor, Deputy Director of the Institute of Philosophy and Mechanics of the UrB RAS for Science. Yekaterinburg, Russia.
- Fadeeva Lyubov’ Aleksandrovna. «The politics of identity in the modern world». — Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Perm State National Research University. Perm, Russian Federation.
- Panov Pyotr Vyacheslavovich. «Parties and party systems in the ethnic republics of the Russian Federation». — Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor, Perm State National Research University. Perm, Russian Federation.
- Zolotykh Vladimir Rudol’fovich. «American conservatives and the formation of foreign policy priorities of D. Trump». — Doctor of History, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Modern and Contemporary History and International Relations, Udmurt State University. Izhevsk, Russian Federation.
- Ladyzhets Nataliya Sergeevna. «Glocalization and trasitivity in the development of regional universities: worldwide and domestic trends». — Doctor of Philosophy, Professor, Head of the Department of Sociology, Udmurt State University. Izhevsk, Russian Federation.
- Merenkov Anatoliy Vasilievich. «Sociocultural factors shaping the need for the construction of a demanded body». — Director of the Department of Political Science and Sociology; Department of Applied Sociology Chair, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor, Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B. N. Yeltsin. Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation.
- Antonova Nataliya Leonidovna. «Transformation of the marriage choice: the generation aspect». — Doctor of Sociology, Associate Professor, Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B. N. Yeltsin. Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation.
6:30 pm — business dinner.
September 28, 2018 — SECTIONAL DAY
- Section of SOCIOLOGY. «ACTUAL ISSUES OF SOCIETY DEVELOPMENT: GLOBAL AND REGIONAL ASPECTS OF SOCIAL ANALYSIS».
- Section of POLITICAL SCIENCE. «POLITICAL PROCESS AND EVOLUTION OF POLITICAL INSTITUTIONS. QUESTIONS OF THEORY AND PRACTICE».
- Section of INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS. «ACTUAL ISSUES OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS. GEOPOLITICAL AND INSTITUTIONAL ASPECTS».
September 29, 2018 — EXCURSION DAY
We currently accept articles in electronic format for publication in issues 3 and 4 of 2018 and in issues 1 and 2 of 2019. Articles shall be in accordance with the requirements of the journal «Bulletin of the Udmurt University. Sociology, Political Science. International Relations». We allow distance participation with an option of publishing in Russian or English. Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for publications and information for participants:
- Articles shall be dedicated to the topics of the conference.
- The Universal Decimal Classification (UDC), abstract (200−250 words) and keywords (up to 10) for Russian-language articles — in Russian and English, for English articles — in English only.
- The volume of publications is between 8 and 16 pages, Word document, font Times New Roman, size 11, interval — single. Indentation — 1 cm. The size of page margins: bottom, left, right — 2 cm; top — 2.5 cm. UDC, the author’s initials and surname (11th bold italics), title of the article (11th bold capital size, single line spacing) — all in one and a half interval from a new line without indentation — left alignment. References to the literature in the text are placed in the square brackets: [5. С. 15], [7. P. 12-14]. The authors’ initials in the text are before the surname, in the list of references — after the surname. References — at least 10 sources.
- Rubrics of the article: Abstract. Keywords 1. Introduction. 2. Theoretical background. 3. Method. 4. Results. 5. Discussion. 6. Conclusions. 7. References.
- Information about the author: Surname, First name, Middle name. Academic degree. Place of work (in full), title, postal address of the organization. Personal e-mail address. For Russian-language articles — in Russian and English, for English articles — in English only.
- Restriction for authors: articles of master’s students are accepted only in co-authorship with academic advisors.
- In a separate file of the Application for participation in one of the two sections of the conference (1. Sociology, 2. Political Science and International Relations) there should be included: full name, academic degree, place of work (in full), title, conference section, student status (full-time / part-time), title of the presentation, home address, cell phone number, and e-mail address.
- Speech timeframe in the plenary session — up to 20 minutes; in sections — 10 min. Visual presentations are welcomed.
- Application and a report must be sent to: email@example.com before September 17, 2018.
- Without registration fee. Travel and accommodation are at your expense.
International Scientific Conference «Russia and the West: topical issues of sociology, political science and international relations in the era of globalization» will take place on the annual basis.
We look forward to meeting our first participants on September 27−29 of this year.Program of the Second International Scientific Conference «Russia and the West: Topical Issues of Sociology, Political Science and International Relations in the Era of Globalization»